Go White Spiti- Dare to Drive
10th February to 17th February 2024
07 Nights/08 Days
There is an old saying-
“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations”!!!
Inviting Brave Hearts to venture out and explore Spiti valley in pristine white colors
of snow with frozen river beds and beautiful wide valleys!!!
|WHITE SPITI 2024|
|DAY-01||10TH FEB / 23RD MARCH||CHANDIGARH||REPORTING|
|DAY-02||11TH FEB/24TH MARCH||CHANDIGARH- RAMPUR||213 KMS|
|DAY-03||12TH FEB/25TH MARCH||RAMPUR- NAKO- TABO||247 KMS|
|DAY-04||13TH FEB/26TH MARCH||TABO – PIN VALLEY – KAZAKAZA||60-70 KMS|
|DAY-05||14TH FEB/27TH MARCH||KAZA- LOSAR- KAZA||100 KMS|
|DAY-06||15TH FEB/28TH MARCH||KAZA- KEE-CHICKEM-TABO||100 KMS|
|DAY-07||16TH FEB/29TH MARCH||TABO- GIU – RAMPUR||294 KMS|
|DAY-08||17TH FEB/30TH MARCH||RAMPUR-CHANDIGARH||213 KMS|
We would like to share the following information before you plan to drive to Spiti in winters!!!
Harsh Weather Conditions and Sub-Zero Temperatures
The minimum temperature in Kaza goes down to -20˚C and will further drop as the winter progress. It’s colder than your freezer at home. There are many places in the world which might be colder than spiti and you may not find the luxury of brands to keep you warm enough neither do the houses in spiti have central heating. Inside temperature of the house is around -1 degrees.
Road Condition- Snow on the road
While driving to Spiti in winters you will surely find ice and snow on the road. Roads are maintained by the GREF and they are not very regular in cleaning the Snow. This means the road will be slippery and you will have to be extra careful while driving on it.
Driving on the Hindustan Tibet highway in Kinnaur valley can be very unpredictable. Be prepared for ANYTHING- Shooting stones, landslides, ice and frozen roads, slush, water crossings, heavy snow fall, freezing temperatures etc. Expect the unexpected on this trip and be prepared for an chilling adventure!!!
- Go Boundless Team has expertise in snow driving. Before starting the trip, we will provide you complete guidance.
- 4×4 vehicle and Snow Chains are mandatory for the drive.
Vehicle Trouble and Preparations
Subzero temperature can cause a lot of troubles in your vehicle. Diesel driven cars are prone to more problems due to freezing than petrol driven cars.
There won’t be any mechanics available in Kaza in the winters. Go Boundless team has expert mechanics travelling along with the convoy who will help fix minor problems in your car.
It is mandatory that your car should be serviced properly and you must follow the below mentioned instructions-
- Only use winter grade engine oil and coolant.
- Do not mix water in the coolant.
- If possible, mix diesel with Anti-Gel or anti-freeze chemicals.
- Keep your tank full and try not to park your car in the open.
There won’t be any puncture shops after Kinnaur, so make sure all tyres
Including the spare are in good shape.
- Go Boundless Team has an equipped backup vehicle to winch you out wherever required but we request you to prepare well.
Toilets (Dry Toilets)
English Toilets with Bucket water for flushing.
Warm water is provided in the Buckets for freshening up.
Note: Sometimes the sewage systems freeze, so you have to make do with Dry-Toilets. Dry toilets do not smell. Also, make sure you flush with a shovel full of compost after you are done.
Stay and Food
All the hotels are closed at this time. Few home stay options are available in Kaza. Go
Boundless has an exclusive tie-up with locals in Kaza. You will get a chance to
experience the real hospitality of the people of Spiti by staying with them in their warm houses. Also, you will be contributing
directly to the village economy.
Are you ready for an adventure of a lifetime? If yes, you will be greeted
with the real Spitian culture and lifestyle and the landscapes, which only a
few lucky ones have the chance to witness!!!
DepartureChandigarh- Reporting and Scrutiny Chandigarh- Rampur Rampur -Nako - Tabo Tabo-Dhankar – Kaza- kee Monastery- Chichem Kaza-Losar-Kaza Kaza- Langza- Hikkim- Kaza Kaza- Rampur Rampur-Chandigarh
Departure Time10th February , 23rd March
Return Time17th February 2024 , 30th March 2024
Day-1- Chandigarh- Reporting and Scrutiny
This trip is not normal like others so we need lots of preparations and checks pre travel. Reach Hotel GK International Sector 35 maximum by 2.00 pm. Go Boundless team will do a complete scrutiny of the vehicles and things to carry. In the evening we will have a driver briefing so that next day we can leave on time.
We will provide your car security and things to carry list after you book your adventure)
There are no flights and hence no escape route in case something goes wrong. A preparation is the key. Kindly follow the instructions carefully. In case our team would feel that you and your vehicle is not ready for the trip we have to leave you back!!!Accommodation: – GK International
Meals Includes: Dinner
Day-2- Chandigarh- Rampur
Start will be at sharp 8.00 am. After leaving queen of hills Shimla, we will drive into Himalayan countryside through Apple orchards and villages along river Satluj.
Today’s drive is a warm up day to understand the convoy driving and gel well with your co travelers.
Relaxed driving day with ample of breaks.
Reach Rampur by the evening and enjoy Heritage stay with bonfire and dinner!!!Accommodation: – Nau Nabh Heritage Hotel, Rampur
Meals Included- Breakfast + Lunch + Evening Tea + Evening Snacks + Dinner
Day-3- Rampur -Nako – Tabo
We will leave early as it’s a long and thrilling drive today. Thrill starts today!!! You may feel that you are the only one to drive on these roads but you might encounter few brave hearted taxi drivers and locals who use their 2-wheel drive vehicles on ice and snow roads.
Experience the frozen Nako Lake on the way.
Our Today’s stopover is Tabo. It’s going to be biting cold. Try some Cognac with honey before you go to sleep!!! It will keep you warm in this freezing weather.
Accommodation: – Homestay
Meals Included- Breakfast + Afternoon Snacks + Tea + Lunch + Evening Tea + Evening Snacks + Dinner
Day-4- Tabo - Pin Valley – Kaza
Relax in the morning. Visit Tabo Monastery and gather some good vibes. Tabo to Kaza is Just 48 Kms but the most thrilling snow tracks. We will take a turn towards Pin Valley. Now you will see the snow-covered vistas of the Spiti Valley and beautiful views all around. The Road to Pin Valley is extremely adventurous. Keep driving till we feel we can drive safely. Explore the beautiful surroundings with Picnic Lunch and bonfire on the snow-covered river bed.
Once back in our cozy home stay, we spend time sitting around Soktsel (A warm sitting area) and exchanging stories! If there is a clear sky we will explore out and take in the views of the Milky Way!
Accommodation: – Home Stay
Meals Included- Breakfast + Lunch + Evening Tea + Evening Snacks + Dinner
Day-5- Kaza- Snow Drive Towards Losar-Kaza
Today, experience a mesmerizing drive through the snow. Reaching Losar, totally depends on the snow condition but our endeavor will be to reach till the farthest point towards Losar; the idea is to explore this beautiful white snow-covered desert.
Picnic Lunch along with hot tea on the way. Spend the whole day in snow and capture the best moments of the drive. Its Beautiful out there
Visit local market to buy some souvenirs for your loved ones.
Accommodation: – Home Stay
Meals Included- Breakfast + Afternoon Snacks +Picnic Lunch + Evening Tea + Evening Snacks + Dinner
Day-6– Kaza- Kee Monastery- Chichem - Langza- Hikkim- Kaza- Tabo
Our first Halt is Chicham Bridge (13596 ft) which is Asia's Highest Suspension bridge. It connects the two villages Chicham and Kibber. Look down this one and you will find yourself gaping below, at a 1000 ft deep gorge! The gorge below is known by the name of Samba Lamba Nallah.
After Tea Break at Kibber, explore Key monastery (13688 ft) which is the largest monastery in the entire Spiti Valley. Kye monastery falls in the ‘Pasada’ style of architecture. The monastery is known for its ancient murals, rare thangkas and ancient weapons. The images of Gautam Buddha in meditation position are a must see.
The View from Kee Monastery is spectacle with Spiti river flowing down between the snow-covered mountains.
Will try to explore further to Langza and Hikkim. Visiting Langza- Hikkim in winters totally depends on the condition of the snow. After Lunch, Start Your Journey towards Tabo. Reach by the Evening and Enjoy your last night at Cold Desert.Accommodation: – Home Stay
Meals Included- Breakfast + Afternoon Snacks + Lunch + Evening Tea + Evening Snacks + Dinner
Day – 7 - Tabo – Giu - Rampur
Start Your Journey back to Rampur. On The way we will try to Visit a small village Giu, situated between the towns of Sumdo and Tabo. The shrine with a dead body dried up through a natural process, with its eyes, teeth and hair intact, is present there.
This Tibetan mummy is over 500 years old. The body parts have not decayed either, despite no chemical preservation. It is beside newly constructed Giu Monastery.
Overnight stay in a Heritage Hotel. Take a much-required shower after 4 days and exchange goodbye notes with your co-travelers. Last get together dinner of the trip!!!Accommodation: – Nau Nabh Heritage Hotel, Rampur
Meals Included- BF/Lunch/Dinner
Meals Included- Breakfast
- INR 41500 per Person (Bring Your Own Car)
- INR 77500 Per Person (This Slot is specially designed for People who are not comfortable on driving seat but wants to be a part of this drive, Reserve your Seat in 4x4 Vehicle with Driver & Fuel- 3 Person Per Car with Expert Driver)
- 4x4 Vehicles are also available on rent in case you want to opt for Self-Drive.
- Kids above 6-12 years – 15000 Per Child
- Kids above 14 Years are Treated as Adults
- Single occupancy Only Available at Chandigarh and Rampur on 40% Extra.
- People 0f Any Age Between 06-65 are welcome to Join.
Bookings can be done by depositing 20,000/- booking amount!!!
- Accommodation in a Hotel in Chandigarh, Rampur & Tabo. Home stay at Kaza
- All Meals (As mentioned in the itinerary)
- Pilot Vehicle
- 24X7 Backup with mechanic
- 24X7 Medical Supplies with Oxygen Cylinders
- Snow Driving and off-roading Experience
- Service Backup
- All Permissions
- Merchandising of Go Boundless
- Radio Communication Sets
- Guidance and support
- Helicopter Service Available on Extra cost (Only in Case of Emergency due to Road Block)
- Extra Drivers on Extra Cost
- Planning the route and itinerary to include the “must see” sights
- Coordination of the convoy
- Local guidance and support from experts
- The best boarding and lodging available en‐route
- Medical supplies
- Service support
- Liaison with the local authorities for inner line permits
- Liaison with locals for making all safety arrangements.
- 80% payment confirmation against booking. Rest 20% 15 days before the travel.
- Cancellation before 30 Days, full Refund
- Cancellation before 20 days, 70% Refund
- Cancellation after 20 days, No Refund
- Cancellation of event by the organizers 100% refund.
- Cancellation arises out of unseen natural circumstances no refund.
- In case of rough weather, we have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather
- Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
- Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
- In case of Road Block to any destination, no refund and you have to pay extra for making alternate arrangements.
For Bookings Contact-
(Founder & Lead Adventurer)
Go Boundless Contact - 09878025444
email@example.com / www.goboundless.co