Go White Spiti
Vehicle- 4x4 Vehicles only with Snow Chains
17th February -24th February 2023
(7Nights/ 8 Days)
There is an old saying-
“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations”!!!
Inviting Brave Hearts to venture out and explore spiti valley in pristine white colours of snow with frozen river beds and beautiful wide valleys!!!
We would like to share the following information before you plan to drive to Spiti in winters!!!
Harsh Weather Conditions and Sub Zero Temperatures
The minimum temperature in Kaza goes down to -20˚C and will further drop as the winter progress. It’s colder than your freezer at home. There are many places in the world which might be colder than spiti and you may not find the luxury of brands to keep you warm enough neither do the houses in spiti have central heating. Inside temperature of the house is around -1 degrees.
Road Condition- Snow on the road
While driving to Spiti in winters you will surely find ice and snow on the road. Roads are maintained by the GREF and they are not very regular in cleaning the Snow. This means the road will be slippery and you will have to be extra careful while driving on it.
Driving on the Hindustan Tibet highway in Kinnaur valley can be very unpredictable. Be prepared for ANYTHING- Shooting stones, landslides, ice and frozen roads, slush, water crossings, heavy snow fall, freezing temperatures etc. Expect the unexpected on this trip and be prepared for an chilling adventure!!!
Go Boundless Team has expertise in snow driving. Before starting the trip we will provide you complete guidance.
4×4 vehicle and Snow Chains are mandatory for the drive.
Vehicle Trouble and Preparations
Sub zero temperature can cause a lot of troubles in your vehicle. Diesel driven cars are prone to more problems due to freezing than petrol driven cars.
There won’t be any mechanics available in Kaza in the winters. Go Boundless team has expert mechanics travelling along with the convoy who will help fix minor problems in your car.
It is mandatory that your car should be serviced properly and you must follow the below mentioned instructions-
- Only use winter grade engine oil and coolant.
- Do not mix water in the coolant.
- If possible, mix diesel with Anti-Gel or anti freeze chemicals.
- Keep your tank full and try not to park your car in the open.
There won’t be any puncture shops after Kinnaur, so make sure all tyres
Including the spare are in good shape.
Go Boundless Team has an equipped backup vehicle to winch you out wherever required but we request you to prepare well.
Toilets (Dry Toilets)
In winters, the sewage systems freeze, so you have to make do with Dry-Toilets. Dry toilets do not smell. Also, make sure you flush with a shovel full of compost after you are done.
Stay and Food
All the hotels are closed at this time. Few home stay options are available in Kaza. Go Boundless has an exclusive tie-up with locals in Kaza. All the accommodations are booked in advance. You will get a chance to experience the real hospitality of the people of Spiti by staying with them in their warm houses. Also, you will be contributing directly to the village economy.
Food is included in the package but we suggest you to carry emergency ration with you. You should have a week’s worth of dry rations to eat. Just in case you get stuck in a landslide or an avalanche. You should be prepared to face the harsh face of nature. (Things to carry list will be shared separately)
We want that whosoever is joining us for this trip should be well prepared; mentally and physically!!!
Are you ready for an adventure of a lifetime? If yes, you will be greeted with the real Spitian culture and lifestyle and the landscapes, which only a few lucky ones have the chance to witness!!!
Group Size- 20-25 People Only
Occupancy-Double/ Shared Home Stay
Vehicle- 4×4 Vehicles only with Snow Chains
Why Go Boundless?
- Planning the route and itinerary to include the “must see” sights
- Coordination of the convoy
- Local guidance and support from experts
- The best boarding and lodging available en‐route
- Medical supplies
- Service support
- Liaison with the local authorities for inner line permits
- Liaison with locals for making all safety arrangements.
DepartureChandigarh - Rampur – Nako - Tabo - Dhankar – Kaza- kee Monastery - Langza- Hikkim -Losar- HIKKIM
Departure Time17th February 2023
Return Time24th February 2023
IncludedBreakfastDinnerEvening TeaHome StayLunch
Not Included4 Star & 5 StarAlcoholic Beverages
17th February - Chandigarh- Reporting and Scrutiny
This trip is not normal like others so we need lots of preparations and checks pre travel. Reach Hotel GK International Sector 35 maximum by 4.00 pm. Go Boundless team will do a complete scrutiny of the vehicles and things to carry. In the evening we will have a drivers briefing so that next day we can leave on time. (We will provide you car security and things to carry list after you book your adventure) There are no flights and hence no escape route in case something goes wrong. A preparation is the key. Kindly follow the instructions carefully. In case our team would feel that you and your vehicle is not ready for the trip we have to leave you back!!!Accommodation: - GK International
18th February - Chandigarh- Rampur
19th February – Rampur -Nako - Tabo
20th February - Tabo-Dhankar – Kaza- kee Monastery- Chichem
21st February - Kaza-Losar-Kaza
22nd February - Kaza- Langza- Hikkim- Kaza
23rd February - Kaza- Rampur
24th February – Rampur-Chandigarh
|WHITE SPITI 2022|
|Day-2||18th Feb||Chandigarh- Rampur||213 Kms|
|Day-3||19th Feb||Rampur- Tabo||247 Kms|
|Day-4||20th Feb||Tabo -Dhankar -Kee-Chickem- Kaza||60-70 Kms|
|Day-5||21st Feb||Kaza- Losar- Kaza||100 Kms|
|Day-6||22nd Feb||Kaza- Langza-Hikkim-Kaza||40-50 Kms|
|Day-7||23rd Feb||Kaza- Rampur||294 Kms|
|Day-8||24th Feb||Rampur-Chandigarh||213 Kms|
- Accommodation in a Hotel in Chandigarh & Rampur. Home stays at Tabo & Kaza
- All Meals (As mentioned in the itinerary)
- Pilot Vehicle
- 24X7 Backup with mechanic
- 24X7 Medical Supplies with Oxygen Cylinders
- Snow Driving and off-roading Experience
- Service Backup
- All Permissions
- Merchandising of Go Boundless
- Radio Communication Sets
- Guidance and support
- Helicopter Services in case of Emergency on Extra cost
- Does not include fuel costs for driving to & fro locations and costs that are incurred on the way.
- Road Taxes and Tolls
- Does not include tips or other incidentals
- Alcoholic beverages
- Entrance charges to monasteries, and camera charges
- Items and expenses of a personal nature
- Extra snacks, cigarettes, laundry etc.
- Personal and Vehicle Insurance
- Snow Chains
- Anything not mentioned in inclusive
- 80% payment confirmation against booking, rest 20% before 15th January 2023
- Cancellation before 10th January 2023; 100% Refund
- Cancellation before 20th January 2023; 80% Refund
- Cancellation after 20th January 2023; No Refund
- Cancellation arises out of unseen natural circumstances no refund.
- All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the expedition, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the expeditions. (We will share the format)
- In case of rough weather, we have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply: -
- Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
- Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
- In case we are unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund
- In case of Road Block to any destination, no refund and you have to pay extra for making alternate arrangements.